It is recommended that schools account for the needs of their existing and future programs when planning their expenditure.
The Department has contracts with authorised suppliers for the supply of a range of ICT products and services that are available for schools.
Use of the Department's authorised suppliers is strongly recommended in view of a number of benefits, including:
- Competitive pricing, including in most cases a three-year onsite warranty for hardware products
- Ability to purchase without having to call tenders or obtain additional quotes
- Provision of a supplier help desk for users
- Equipment technically evaluated by independent, professional companies
- Financial viability of suppliers assessed; and
- Protection provided by the Department's contracts on warranty, pricing and problem resolution issues.
The eduSTAR Hardware catalogue provides school, staff and students with a list of recommended products (including computers) available for purchase from authorised suppliers.
Have you considered?
- Have you listed all the components that your 1-to-1 program will require including: the individual device, software, servicing and insurance costs, technical support and infrastructure support and initial and ongoing staff professional learning costs?
Previous Page | Next Page